African American macaroni and cheese recipes are quite abundant on the internet, yet only few of them are providing the right recipes for soul food style. Mac and cheese is considered simple yet satisfying. It makes no surprise to find out this recipe has been modified to meet people’s taste. African American mac and cheese or also known as southern recipe is one of many modifications that you can find out there. Of many recipes, this can be your favorite.
Talking about mac and cheese recipes means you are talking about goodness in delicacy. The dish contains sufficient nutrition to power up your day. Not to mention the very easy ingredients and cooking directions that make it one of fail-free recipes for those with next-to-zero cooking skill. Cannot wait to make your own best African American macaroni and cheese recipes? Prepare the ingredients below and follow the instructions.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups American cheddar, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 an evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a medium pot and pour water. Sprinkle some salt and bring to boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente. You can also follow the cooking instructions on the box.
- Drain and rinse the pasta under cool water. Set aside.
- Prepare a large mixing bowl, beat 3 large eggs altogether. Add evaporated milk and half & half, mix well.
- Add all cheeses except ½ cup of Monterey jack cheese and 1 cup of sharp cheddar.
- Add macaroni, salt, and black pepper, stir until well-combined.
- On a bake dish, spray with non-sticking spray and pour the mixture into the dish. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on the top.
- Bake mac and cheese for 40 minutes.
- Take out the bake dish and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. African American macaroni and cheese recipes are ready to enjoy.
The recipe above is quick and super easy to make. It spends 50 minutes of cooking time and 15 minutes of preparation time. Whether you decide to serve for breakfast or dinner, mac and cheese never fails to bring happiness to your entire family. Now, it is your time to make African American macaroni and cheese recipes.