Authentic Italian minestrone soup recipe requires a lot of ingredients and quite a long time to cook. However, the result is always stunning and satisfying. This kind of soup is very enjoyable, especially during colder weather. Here’s the recipe.
- 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium-sized yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, cleaned and diced
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 ½ cups green bean, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cans (28 oz each) crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, remove the water and rinse well
- ¼ cup of basil, chopped roughly
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped roughly
- 1 ½ cups elbow pasta
- 6 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper and salt
- To start cooking authentic Italian minestrone soup recipe, prepare a large, heavy-bottomed pot and place it over medium-high heat. Cook diced pancetta on pot until the meat is fully cooked and crispy. Take out pancetta from pot and transfer it on a plate. Leave the melted fat from pancetta on the pot.
- Mix pancetta fat on pot with olive oil. Add in diced onion, cook until it is soft. After that, add in green beans, celery, and carrots. Stir everything well and cook until the vegetables start to soften.
- Mix chopped garlic into pot, followed by Italian seasoning and tomato paste. Stir well and cook until it smells fragrant.
- Pour the broth, followed by 2 cans of crushed tomato. Stir everything well and bring it to boil. Add in the chicken broth, tomatoes, and beef broth, stir well and boil. After it boils, set the stove to medium. Place a lid on pot. The best Italian minestrone soup recipe recommends you to let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in Cannellini beans, kidney beans, and pasta. Put the lid back on and wait until pasta are completely tender. Then, add spinach and stir until it shrinks and cooked. Turn off the heat at this point.
- Add in the chopped basil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and lemon juice. Give it a taste. Then, sprinkle the parmesan cheese and cooked pancetta on top.
After the soup is done, serve it warm with some bread. It will surely make you warmer just by eating a bowl of it. This authentic Italian minestrone soup recipe is totally worth all the effort.