Looking for ‘water therapy for dogs near me’ on the net? Dog’s hydrotherapy, or known as canine hydrotherapy, is a popular rehabilitative program mainly aimed for dogs post-surgery or injury. Those with arthritis too can join this not-only-swimming thing. Probably you’ve started searching on the net: ‘water therapy for dogs’ on the net as well. It is a good practice, even for dogs that are not currently being in such rehabilitation.
You might wonder what kind of benefits your dog will get after getting the therapy. It is even recommended by some experts as it showed a number of good reasons. You can see how looking up ‘water therapy for dogs near me’ on the net and visiting the place will be beneficial for your canine pets below.
- Just like humans incorporating water to their recreational exercise, it also plays such role in dogs. For dogs, hydrotherapy is not merely underwater treadmills, swimming, or such – the basic core lies in its use as a recreational activity.
- Hydrotherapy can do as cardiovascular workout. Not only it works on skeletal muscle, it deliberately trains their heart to pump blood more effectively; especially since their extremities are moving. In fact, their respiratory system also benefits with this training.
- As another kind of workout, hydrotherapy helps your dogs to lose calories. So, if your dog is a bit stout, planning a visit to hydrotherapy clinic can help it to lose some weight through a fun activity.
- Hydrotherapy improves your dog’s athletic performances. The therapy helps to strengthen dog’s muscles, but without a tense burden to their joints. It is said that running 2 miles in underwater treadmill equals to 4-5 miles running on land. With such comparison, isn’t hydrotherapy amazing?
- Pain relieving – not only water (especially warm water) gives soothing effect to the aching muscles; the sore joints also get that relieving effect from the water. Moreover, warm water encourages swell-reduction, as well as improving blood circulation within the affected areas (mostly extremities area).
Not all canine patients with orthopedic problems are planned for hydrotherapy, and not all dogs get their therapy on clinics. Some pet-owners even try water therapy for dogs at home, or taking their loyal pets to beach where they can get broad access to water. Although the environment isn’t that well-designed as a therapeutic spot, similar activity should also bring good to the pet itself. Moreover, it can cut costs as well.
If you are still looking for water therapy for dogs on the net, for the time being, it is always nice to get your pet to a nearby beach. Not only you can unwind yourself from a hectic downtown schedule, but your dog can also have some fun there. By doing that, you may pause the search of ‘water therapy for dogs near me’ for a while.